The Great Elmbridge Book Hunt Competition and School Book Draw
- Terms and Conditions -
1. PROMOTER: This competition is operated by Walton Charity, a registered charity number 1185959 with office at Charities House, 1&2 The Quintet, Churchfield Road, Walton on Thames, Surrey. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: Both the “Great Elmbridge Book Hunt” competition and the school book voucher draw opens on Monday 30th May and closes on Friday 3rd June 2022. Any entries to the school voucher draw made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into the competition.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to 4-11 year olds residing in the borough of Elmbridge.
Employees and their families of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this competition) are excluded from entering this competition (this includes but is not limited to employees and their families from Walton Charity). All entrants for the school book token draw must have parental or guardian consent. All entrants must have a parent, guardian or responsible adult who can submit their entry using their Facebook profile to enter and, (if you win), claim your prize. By entering this competition, you confirm you are happy for your details to be used in accordance with clauses 9, 15 and 16. Please make sure that you have obtained written parental or guardian consent for your details to be used in this way before entering. We may ask the winners to provide proof of age and written parental or guardian consent.
4. HOW TO ENTER
BOOK HUNT: To enter, follow the clues provided through the @YourWaltonCharity Facebook page to find a book hidden within the borough of Elmbridge during the May half term (Monday 30th May- Friday 3rd June 2022). Only one book per child can be found and kept.
SCHOOLS BOOK TOKEN DRAW: Only those who have found one of the 100 books hidden in the Walton Charity “Great Elmbridge Book Hunt” are eligible to enter the draw. A photo of the winning book with the “winners” sticker clearly visible must be posted onto the @YourWaltonCharity Facebook page with the FIRST NAME of the child who found the book. All posts must be received by Friday 3rd June 2022. The child’s name included in the post accompanied with the photo will be used to enter the draw. Only state schools within the Elmbridge borough are eligible to win the £200 book voucher. Information on how to enter the draw will be included in all winning book packs. Competition entry is free. Proof will be required that the entrant has found one of the 100 hidden books. Books included within the “Great Elmbridge Book Hunt” will have a distinctive and recognisable sticker which must be clearly visible in the picture.
Entries must be received by the closing date to be counted. Maximum of one entry per person.
All entries will be included in the prize draw which will be drawn during the week commencing Monday 6th June 2022.
BOOK HUNT: The book found by the child in the book hunt is the child’s prize. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
SCHOOL BOOK DRAW: The winner of the prize draw will win £200 worth of books for their school. Only the child’s school can receive and redeem this prize. This prize is non-transferable and no alternatives to the prize will be offered. Only state primary schools within Elmbridge are eligible to win.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the school draw will be chosen from all entries received within the competition dates that adhere to the competition rules. The winner will be chosen at random. The winner must be a child who attends a state primary school within the Elmbridge borough. The draw will take place during the week commencing Monday 6th June 2022.
7. NOTIFICATION: We will contact the winner within 5 days of the draw. We will contact the winner via Facebook messenger using the account used to submit the entry. If a winner does not respond to us within 10 days of being notified by us, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining entries.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER AND JUDGE: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the competition, this will be decided by us. The decision of the charity in relation to the winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Our decision regarding any other aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNERS: The winner’s first name and school will be published on Walton Charity’s webpage, social media and in promotional materials.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the competition.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the competition if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. QUALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit. Any post that does not comply with these requirements will be removed and will not be entered into the draw.
13. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER COMPETITION: We may collect personal information in relation to this competition from you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16 below, we will only use your information for the purposes of administering this competition.
16. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this competition, you agree that if you win, we may use your first name, school name and town of residence for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media or within promotional emails).
17. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF COMPETITION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this competition without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
18. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Walton Charity website www.waltoncharity.org.uk. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
19. RELEVANT LAW: This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.